Review: Ever Shade by Alexia Purdy


Title: Ever Shade (A Dark Faerie Tale #1)
Author: Alexia Purdy
Date Published: 2/22/12

Synopsis:
A dark twist on Faeries. 


For Shade, a chance meeting with a powerful Teleen faery warrior who wields electrical currents and blue fires along his skin has her joining him on a treacherous mission for the good Seelie Faerie Court across the land of Faerie. Magic and malice abound and nothing is what it really seems to be.


The evil Unseelie Queen and her treacherous allies are round every corner as Shade makes her way across the breathtaking landscapes of the world of Faerie, which exists alongside the mundane human world. Shade discovers her own uncharted magic and meets some of the most powerful warriors in Faerie while battling evil dryads, conniving Teleen guards and challenges on her life with every step in a world where nothing can be taken for granted.

My Rating:



My Review:
I really enjoyed this one. Usually when there is a prologue in the book I don't connect as much with whoever from the past is being featured. This one started off different from the get-go. I really felt like Shade's father showed so much emotion in that one pre-chapter that I knew I was going to really like this book.

We really don't get much of Shade before she is thrust into the world of the Fae. We don't even meet the family she speaks so fondly of, but we sense the connection they have. 

I felt so bad for poor Shade. Thrust into danger and leaving her family had to be hard, but she sure did suck it up and just go with the flow. Maybe a little too easily? I was expecting at least some kind of push back from her. 

There is an abundance of guys in this book. First we have Jack, the guy who started it all by bringing her into the Fae world. There is something about him that makes me really want for Shade to connect deeper with him, but I'm not sure what it is. Plus, he seems to have too many girls, ex, present, whatever going on. 
Then there is Soap, what the heck kind of name is Soap? LOL. I kept wanting Shade to refuse to call him it. He seems really sweet and the closest to her age. Maybe the safest? And lastly we have Dylan who is not in the situation because he wants to be. They have a strong connection and I am really waiting to see where it goes.

Don't worry, no love triangle or rectangle here. The romance doesn't really move in this one, more of a promise for some in the series later on. 

I really enjoyed this book and will definitely check out the rest of the series! 

Post a Comment

1 Comments

  1. This sounds like a great read! I shall definitely add it to my to-read list.

    http://fromthebootheelcottonpatch.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete